This book tag was originally from here, and when I saw it on Chuckles’ blog, I had to nab it. If you want to do it too, consider yourself tagged.
1) When did you start blogging and what was your first review?
Soon after I visited Angry Robot for the day, so back in 2013! My first review posted here was Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight, though I’d been writing reviews on Goodreads for a long time before that.
2) Who/What inspired you to start blogging?
Leah at Uncorked Thoughts! She was interning with Angry Robot at the time I visited, and she urged me to get a blog. She also urged me to read Laura Lam’s Pantomime, which I was a lot slower about… Sorry!
3) What is a blog related goal that you have?
I just want to enjoy it. I don’t really care how many people visit (though it can be nice to know people appreciate my reviews). Maybe I should make a goal of finishing all the books on my TBR and getting the reviews up on here…
4) What is the one thing that you wish someone told you about blogging?
You’ll get dozens of comments on the most throwaway posts, and absolutely nothing on posts you spend hours on.
5) What is your biggest blog-related accomplishment?
I’m still updating it after four and change years?
6) What types of posts do you enjoy writing?
Sometimes, all my posts feel like a slog. But when I’m in the right mood, I like doing all of them.
7) Where do you usually blog? What does your set up look like?
Wherever I can set up my laptop, really. Generally I have it on a fold-up desk and sit in my armchair, since I don’t have a proper desk here.
8) What was your last 5 star read?
My reread of Kushiel’s Dart, I expect.
9) What was your last 1 star read?
None yet in 2018! May it remain that way.
10) What are three words that make you pick up a book?
Queer, mythology, magic. Combine all three and I am there.
11) What is your Hogwarts House?
I… uh, I don’t like Harry Potter much, actually. But Ravenclaw/Gryffindor, depending on the test/my mood/time of day/phase of the moon.
12) What is your favourite reading environment?
Anywhere! I like reading in bed with a hot water bottle under my back, though. You know it’s a good book when I find I’ve burnt myself the next day… Other than that, I also like reading on trains; it just feels like a nice insulated environment set apart from all the stuff I have to do.
13) What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t do it for fame and fortune. You won’t get either, and in fact you’ll barely make anything even if you have affiliate links (and ads just tend to annoy people). Do it because you love books and want to connect with others who also love books… or don’t bother, because it’ll only be disappointing.