I’m already signed up for one readathon this August, but hey, what’s one more…
I know that there’s a couple I must get to, because they’re being released soon or have already been released.
- Carrie Patel, The Buried Life. Mostly I just need to get round to reviewing this, but I do have a bit to finish up and I want to read back over it a bit.
- Kameron Hurley, The Mirror Empire. I need to give this one some serious time, I think from what I’m told!
- Joe Abercrombie, Half a King. I’m just gonna make an awkward guilty face here, ‘kay?
- Karen Maitland, The Vanishing Witch. I may finish this before August, but I do have a busy couple of days ahead.
- Thomas Sweterlitsch, Tomorrow and Tomorrow. Ditto.
- Felicity Pullman, I, Morgana. Because Arthuriana!
- José Alaniz, Death, Disability and the Superhero. I already have this started, but I know I wouldn’t finish it before the start of August. It’s tough going in that it’s very academic.
- Jen Williams, The Copper Promise. This is a somewhat random pick from my teetering piles, on the grounds that I’ve seen it around.
- Edgar Cantero, The Supernatural Enhancements. Random pick based on it being one of the most recent e-ARCs I’ve received.
- W.B.J. Williams, The Garden at the Roof of the World. Because this is the ARC I’ve had longest, and I’ve been finding the look of it somewhat daunting.
I will probably not stick solely to this list, especially since I’m doing Strange Chemistry reading month too and I still have books they gave me to read, but it’s a start. In fact, I’m gonna make this list a to-do goal on HabitRPG, just to give me that bit more of a kick in the butt. (HabitRPG is great. Addiction, I have it. Check it out if gamifying your life, including small tasks, sounds good.)