This week’s theme is: your first ten reviews! I’m not going to delve into the Goodreads rabbit hole to figure out what my first ten were there, so here’s a blast from the past of this blog…
- Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight, by Kelly Sue DeConnick, Dexter Soy and Emma Rios. My first experience with Captain Marvel! DeConnick’s run was pretty badass.
- Dead Harvest, The Wrong Goodbye and The Big Reap, by Chris F. Holm. I re-posted these reviews from Goodreads due to a great experience with Chris Holm. <3
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter, by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I really loved this one! I’m kind of curious to reread it now.
- Hyperbole and a Half, by Allie Brosh. Still great. Clean all the things!
- The Stepford Wives, by Ira Levin. Didn’t get on with his writing then, still don’t now. Plus ça change…
- Dragonflight, by Anne McCaffrey. A reread at the time, and one I surprisingly still enjoyed.
- A Gift Upon the Shore, by M.K. Wren. I can’t remember this at all, but apparently I wasn’t a fan!
- Swords of the Six, by Scott Appleton. Nope, completely blank on this as well!
- Between Two Thorns, by Emma Newman. I’ve been meaning to reread this and try the rest of the series!
- Zealot, by Reza Aslan. Hmm, I don’t seem to have been much of a fan.
Interesting how little I remember about some of these! I think my more recent reviews might be a bit more helpful in prompting the memory…