This week’s theme is “2016 releases I meant to read and didn’t get round to”. I didn’t think I’d manage this, but then I had a look at my list, and… ah. Right.
- Revenger, by Alastair Reynolds. I need to apologise to my sister. All the excitement, and I never got round to this one…
- Ghost Talkers, by Mary Robinette Kowal. I’d been anticipating this since it was announced, and yet. Still love that cover so much, too.
- Necessity, by Jo Walton. I’m just hiding my face in shame here, guys.
- Children of Earth and Sky, by Guy Gavriel Kay. I even had an ARC. But nope.
- Double Down, by Gwenda Bond. I loved the first book. Why haven’t I picked this up yet? Whyyy?
- A Gathering of Shadows, by V.E. Schwab. I think I need to reread the first book, first. Oh no, etc.
- Magic Binds, by Ilona Andrews. Again, I even had the ARC. Whyyy, self.
- Red Right Hand, by Chris Holm. I feel bad about this, because I promised a review, but it got caught up in being busy with my wedding.
- Ninefox Gambit, by Yoon Ha Lee. The author is my mother’s penpal and even sent a signed review copy. I’m a bad person.
- Too Like the Lightning, by Ada Palmer. I’m sorry, okay?
Gah. Now I feel bad.
On the other hand, that means I still have some awesome books in my future.