This week’s theme from The Broke and the Bookish is “top ten hyped books I’ve never read”. Hmmm, let’s think…
- Breaking Dawn, Stephanie Meyer. I read Twilight, because I thought I ought to give it a chance, but it’s really not for me and I have a whole lot of objections to it.
- Divergent, Veronica Roth. I think it’s technically on my TBR somewhere.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling. Though I am planning to read this soon, ’cause I’m doing a readalong with some other folks.
- City of Bones, Cassandra Clare. Doesn’t really appeal, especially since I know about the author’s history of plagiarising.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson. I have this to read, but I’m pretty uninspired about getting round to it.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky. It’s never appealed at aaaall.
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green. It really doesn’t sound like my thing, even if cancer didn’t freak me out unbearably.
- A Game of Thrones, G.R.R. Martin. I am actually going to read this. Eventually.
- On the Road, Jack Kerouac. I’m sorry, I hated it.
- The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks. Not my thing at aaaaall.
What about you guys? And are you listing books you intend to read someday, or books you never read?