Aaand time for another Top Ten Tuesday! This week it’s a Halloween theme — not my favourite holiday, really; I’m a scaredy-cat at heart. Anyway, here’s the theme: “Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit OR Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween”. Aaand I’m gonna do the latter. Most of them are comics characters, because actually I’m really bad at visualising characters.
- Any Avenger. Comics/movies whatever. Especially one like female!Bucky or the Lady Avengers manips. Not that short red hair really suits me for anyone. Gimme a blond wig and I’ll do Carol Danvers? Scarlet Witch maybe?
- Batgirl. From Gail Simone’s run. I’d just need longer hair… lots longer. Like it used to be, in fact.
- Storm. Even mohawk!Storm. Maybe especially mohawk!Storm.
- A female assassin. Shush, Assassin’s Creed counts for this — there’re Assassin’s Creed books too.
- Kate Bishop. Young Avengers! We don’t need to imagine a female Hawkeye; we’ve got one. And I’d have a badass bow.
- Lara Croft. She has comics! It counts! Badass bow, again.
- Eowyn. Shield-maiden style, of course.
- Nazca. From The Lies of Locke Lamora. She’s badass and she should be celebrated.
- Zamira Drakasha. Scott Lynch again. Ditto!
- Sabriel. Or maybe Lirael. From Garth Nix’s Old Kingdom trilogy!
Lots of kick-butt ladies. I didn’t deliberately pick them to be mostly the ladies who fight; it’s just those are the ones I can see myself doing better. Not such a fan of the long dresses and so on.