So! I have been somewhat successful since 8th December in finishing some books from the currently reading stack. I’ve managed to finish the following books:
- Alan Bradley, A Red Herring Without Mustard.
- Geraldine Brooks, Year of Wonders.
- Adam Christopher, Hang Wire.
- Ursula Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness.
- Patricia A. McKillip, Alphabet of Thorn.
5/50. So I get £5 from my mother, woo! But, on the other hand, I’ve remembered a few books that I missed off the original list, and some that I’ve started since…
- Chris Wooding, Retribution Falls.
- Sarah Addison Allen, Garden Spells.
- Karen Lord, The Best of All Possible Worlds.
- Susan Cooper, The Dark is Rising.
- James Renner, The Man from Primrose Lane.
So… we’re still running about even. And it’s about to be Christmas and I know I’m getting books, not to mention the books I’ve bought during the last few days (oops).
And let’s not even talk about the number of books I’ve started but also finished since I made that list. (Again. Oops.)