Greetings, folks, from the end of a busy week! I can’t promise I’ll be under less stress going forward, but my work life will be a little simpler, which is something! How’re you all doing?
Early birthday presents from Portal Bookshop! 💙 I have actually read Witchmark before and liked but didn’t love it, but something’s been itching at me lately and I’d like to try it again — and read the rest of the series. So this was lovely.
Books read this week:
Reviews posted this week:
- Braiding Sweetgrass, by Robin Wall Kimmerer (2/5 stars)
- Index, a History of the, by Dennis Duncan (4/5 stars)
- What it Means When a Man Falls from the Sky, by Lesley Nneka Arimah (3/5 stars)
- Magic Strikes, by Ilona Andrews (4/5 stars)
- The Cheltenham Square Murder, by John Bude (3/5 stars)
- Calamity in Kent, by John Rowland (3/5 stars)
- Sea People, by Christina Thompson (3/5 stars)
- Worldwide Book Giveaway: I’ll be choosing one random person who replies to this tweet to receive one book of their choice. I’ll do the draw on the 21st.
- UK Book Giveaway: I’m choosing three random people who respond to this tweet to receive a book of their choice via Portal Bookshop. Plus, some other folks are signing up to buy a random person a book, so I think so far there are five chances to win. Also drawn on the 21st!
- Buy Someone A Book: If you’re interested in joining in with buying a book for a random Twitter user, you can sign up to join in by replying to this tweet. When the time comes, I’ll pick a random winner for you, and get you two connected so you can sort out the purchase. I’ll let you know who you’re buying for on the 21st, with the help of my trusty RNG.
And that’s everything!
So, any good books joined your TBR this week? Thrown any books against the wall in anger? How’s reading going in general?