Happy Saturday! I’m in the middle of watching the Wales v Argentina rugby game, with a British and Irish Lions game to follow later. So much rugby. <3 And books! It’s my day off, so it’s a good day for reading — and I haven’t been doing much of that this week!
I’ve had my eye on this one for a while. It’s actually releasing in hardback in the UK… but Bookshop.org have some paperback editions from a different press, and I snapped one up when I saw it was less than £10!
Received to review:
I was pretty fascinating by a book about working on dictionaries recently (by Kory Stamper), so a book about indices is more exciting to me than it sounds. And The Bone Wars sounds like a lot of fun.
Read this week:
Not much reading this week, as I said… alas.
Reviewed this week:
- The Map of Knowledge, by Violet Moller (4/5 stars)
- Hollywood Homicide, by Kellye Garrett (1/5 stars)
- After the Dragons, by Cynthia Zhang (5/5 stars)
- Magic Bites, by Ilona Andrews (4/5 stars)
- Reinventing the Wheel: Milk, Microbes and the Fight for Real Cheese, by Bronwen and Francis Percival (3/5 stars)
So that’s everything from me this week! How’re your shelves looking, folks?