This week’s theme is Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I read in 2016. I’m having trouble coming up with anything off the top of my head, but let’s see if Goodreads can help.
- Seanan McGuire. Technically not new to me, as I’ve read one of her books written as Mira Grant. But it’s rather different stuff, so nuh. It counts.
- Mitch Benn. I don’t know why I never tried Terra when it was first out; I don’t think I even knew much about it, but it was so much fun; I’m glad I finally did pick it up!
- Ted Chiang. It took me ages, but I finally got round to reading Story of Your Life & Others, and I loved it.
- Hope Mirrlees. So late to the party, I know, but I looooved Lud-in-the-Mist.
- Pat Murphy. Again, late to the party, but The Falling Woman was really, really good.
- Marie Rutkoski. I did not expect to love The Winner’s Kiss, but it worked well for me.
- Gwenda Bond. I’d had some of Bond’s books on my list for ages, but it was Lois Lane: Fallout which I finally read, and definitely enjoyed.
- Robert Jackson Bennett. City of Stairs knocked my socks off, and now I’m impatiently waiting for City of Miracles. Soon, please? Please?!
- Sylvia Izzo Hunter. I enjoyed The Midnight Queen a lot; I must get round to reading the sequels.
- Elizabeth Hand. Wylding Hall was a super well-crafted novel; I should check out other books by Hand.
Most of these, I’ve only read one book, so there’s plenty to discover ahead of me!