The goals where I’m ahead are in blue; bang on are in green; behind by up to five books are in orange; anything else is in red. I now have a running total to show where I should be for the month too (e.g. by June I should’ve read 182 books overall).
- 250 or less books bought;
- 366 books read overall;
- 200 books read which I owned prior to 2016;
- no more than 10% of income on books per month.
- Books bought this year so far: 152/160.
- August books bought: 21/20.
- August budget: Goodness knows.
- Owned books read this month: 12/16.
- Books read this month: 28/31.
- Owned books read overall: 126/134 (8 books behind).
- Books read overall: 235/244 (9 books behind).
This month’s theme for the Shelf Love challenge is to write a thank you post to your favourite person or people in the publishing industry.
So! Dear publicists and anyone who works on making books a success, thank you! Without you, I wouldn’t hear about half the amazing books out there. I’m very grateful for the work you do in arranging blog tours and sending out ARCs: I don’t know how you keep it all ticking over, some of you. Thank you for your passion and diligence, and well, thanks for the free books, too…
Aaaand here’s a quick list of books I’m aiming to read this month.
- Ilona Andrews, Magic Binds.
- Elizabeth Bear & Sarah Monette, The Tempering of Men.
- Elizabeth Bear & Sarah Monette, An Apprentice to Elves.
- Peter S. Beagle, Summerlong.
Aliette de Bodard, The House of Shattered Wings.
- Marie Brennan, In Ashes Lie.
- Marie Brennan, A Star Shall Fall.
Susan Dennard, Truthwitch.
- Chris Holm, Red Right Hand.
- Tanya Huff, Blood Pact.
- Tanya Huff, Blood Debt.
- Mary Robinette Kowal, Ghost Talkers.
- Juliet Marillier, Tower of Thorns.
- Juliet Marillier, Den of Wolves.
- Sylvia Moreno-Garcia, Certain Dark Things.
- Emma Newman, After Atlas.
- Cherie Priest, The Family Plot.
- V.E. Schwab, A Gathering of Shadows.
- Jen Williams, The Iron Ghost.
- Jen Williams, The Silver Tide.
It’s a good mix of ARCs and series I’m partway through, mostly. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of other books here and there, but these I really want to (and in some cases, really should) read soon. Wish me luck, I guess!