Illumicrate is a newish book box subscription service, mailing out four times a year, priced at £30 per box. The second box arrived Monday morning, a couple of days after shipping, and as with the first box, it looks great and is packaged really well. Before we go on, of course, I must warn that there are spoilers below for the contents of the box!
I’m really pleased with this box, as I’ve been doubtful about book subscription services, but both Illumicrate boxes have contained some stuff I love. It’s never going to be 100% for anyone, I think, but I do enjoy the stuff and I’d be quite happy to buy other things from the various suppliers. This quarter’s box contains:
- Truthwitch, by Susan Dennard. I’ve heard so much about this book! Looking forward to reading it.
- “Threadsisters” bookmark via Daydreaming Designs. What better than a matching bookmark?
- Bookcase pouch from Elena Illustration. Cute! And just perfect for my markers.
- Magnetic bookmarks from BeeDoo. These are cute too, and bookmarks are always gonna go down great with bookworms.
- “A Darker Scent of Magic” Grey London candle from Simple Candle Co. I don’t know if everyone got the same A Darker Shade of Magic themed candles, but this is neat and I like the scent.
- Bookish quote pencils from Pobble and Ping. One of mine says “I’d rather be reading”. Yep!
- Other small bits including The Dark Days Club badges, a tote bag, bookmarks…
I’d say this one is definitely worth the subscription price, and I’m looking forward to the next box already!