This week’s theme with Top Ten Tuesday is “Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR”, which is a pretty easy one to do — and possibly a little boring for regulars, if you see my Stacking the Shelves posts, since mostly I only count something as being on the TBR once I’ve acquired it. But it does give me a chance to review the list and see what’s coming up, and I’ll include a couple of wishlisted books.
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ve Recently Added to my TBR
- In the Labyrinth of Drakes, Marie Brennan. Technically that’s a lie — this one automatically goes on my TBR — but I recently added it to my wishlist, so we’re going to say it fits, okay? I’m so excited for more of Lady Trent’s adventures. And hey, if you know where to get an ARC… let me know.
- Kingfisher, Patricia McKillip. Gimme. Gimme. Gimme. I’ve basically come to love everything by McKillip.
- Silver on the Road, Laura Anne Gilman. I’ve read some enthusiastic reviews of this book, and the cover looks great. And hey, look, I got it for Christmas.
- Six of Crows, Leigh Bardugo. I more or less just finished reading the Grisha books, so I’m excited to get round to reading this one.
- Scarlet, A.C. Gaughen. My friend Tom bought me this and Six of Crows, and I am generally excited to get to them! I blame Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts for my eagerness to read this one, I think?
- Darkwalker, E.L. Tettensor. I can’t remember quite who was doing positive reviews of this — looks like it was Pabkins @ Not Yet Read — but I wishlisted it and recently got it for Christmas from my friend Amy.
- Star-shot, Mary-Ann Constantine. Bought for me (again, for Christmas) by Robert @ Bastian’s Book Reviews, this is set in Cardiff, which really intrigues me. Must get to it soon!
- Vengeance Road, Erin Bowman. I’ve heard some good things, so I’m looking forward to this one. There seems to be a trend of YA Westerns and the Western influence in general. I enjoyed True Grit, so why not?
- A whole bunch more Phryne Fisher books. I almost have the whole series (so far) now! And I’m looking forward to it.
- The Imposter Queen, Sarah Fine. Looks like My Friends Are Fiction sold me on this one…
So what’s everyone else been adding to their TBRs recently? And since I’m thinking about it — what do you count as adding something to Mount TBR? Are you like me and only really count it once you’ve acquired it, or do you count your wishlist? I think I don’t count my wishlist because even without those books, it’s already at 1,200 books. Ish…
So many books, so little time. Why will no one pay me to read?
Looking forward to seeing other people’s posts for this Top Ten Tuesday theme!