This week’s theme is the top ten books read so far in 2015. Which is at least easier than all-time favourites or something like that!
- Voyage of the Basilisk, Marie Brennan. Or Tropic of Serpents, in fact. I gave them both five stars!
- Acceptance, Jeff VanderMeer. Though it’s the whole series, really; they’re so weird, and I think you do need to read all three to get a good picture.
- Grave Mercy, Robin LaFevers. Or the second book… I might even prefer the second book. But yeah, I was surprised by how much I liked these.
- The Just City, Jo Walton. Nobody’s surprised. Are you?
- Season of Storms, Susanna Kearsley. Go on, break my heart, you meanie.
- Lock In, John Scalzi. Really fascinated me.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Susanna Clarke. Okay, okay, I know it’s a reread, but I discovered a whole new appreciation for it.
- Ancillary Justice, Ann Leckie. I might not have given it five stars myself, but it is pretty awesome.
- A Court of Thorns & Roses, Sarah J. Maas. I wasn’t a huge fan of Throne of Glass, though it’s fun, but ACOTAR… yeah.
- The Lie Tree, Frances Hardinge. I don’t love it like I loved A Face Like Glass, but. Yeah. <3
Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s, but bear in mind I’m in Canada on holiday right now and might not get much chance to comment!