Yes, my puns are terrible, I know. This month’s prompt from the #ShelfLove challenge is about free books: where do you get them from?
- Libraries, including their ebook services.
- EbookSoda send me suggestions.
- Project Gutenberg, Feedbooks, etc.
I have a feeling that I had a brilliant idea for this list and then forgot it. Ah well: I can always add it later. And now to the general update!
- 8/51+ already owned books read
- Spent: £21 out of ~£30 budget (budget is 10% of my income) for January
- Spent: £20 out of ~£25 budget for February
- Spent: £12 out of ~£25 budget for March
As for my other resolutions:
- No books impulse-bought (two marginal; they weren’t on my list, but I was aware of and interested in them before, and I used a voucher)
- Read every day
- Bed before midnight… mostly
- Up before ten every day (now basically up before eight every day and not entirely happy about it)
- Only bought one book from a series at a time
- Posted to the blog every day
- Commented on at least one other blog every day
- Tithed 10% in January, February and March.
- Done 27 hours volunteering total
- Reading/reviewing books from NG/etc… making some slow progress
I now have a couple of challenges and stuff set up on HabitRPG to keep me accountable, too. If I don’t get to 80% feedback on Netgalley by December 31st 2015, I pay an eight gem forfeit to a random person who joined the challenge. (You can find it in the Short-Term Accountability Guild if you’re a HabitRPG fan like me!)