This week’s theme is ‘Top Ten Books I Can’t Believe I Haven’t Read From X Genre’. I’m going to go for a bit of a twist and give you the top ten books my mother can’t believe I haven’t read from the classics, particularly because I’ve got English lit degrees… It’s also my mother’s birthday today! (She does read this blog, so stick your head in and say hi.)
- As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning, Laurie Lee.
- Lord Jim, Joseph Conrad.
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain.
- A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.
- Tess of the D’Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy.
- The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde.
- The History of the Decline Fall of the Roman Empire, Edward Gibbon.
- A History of the English-Speaking Peoples, Winston Churchill.
- Gulliver’s Travels, Jonathan Swift.
- Ulysses, James Joyce.
So if you’re feeling bad about not reading the classics, neither have I… (I’m also missing out on The Count of Monte Cristo and other such classics!)