This week’s theme is not about books, but movies. I actually have to confess that I am not actually much of a consumer of films or TV… but I do have some favourites.
- Anastasia. That bickering relationship between Anya and Dmitri? Yeaaaah. Also the ending song: “We were strangers, starting out on a journey…” Always sticks in my head.
- Stardust. It’s different to the book, but charming in its own way.
- Captain America: The First Avenger. Please let me hug Steve Rogers.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Please let me hug Steve Rogers.
- Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr). I watched it half a dozen times in the cinema. In the cinema. The sequel was less fun, though it had its moments.
- Spirited Away. The soot creatures! Haku!
- Howl’s Moving Castle. Vastly simplified from the book, and yet I still enjoyed it as an adaptation. Even if it cut out the Welsh bits. Calcifer!
- Pacific Rim. Non-toxic masculinity with a lot of heart.
- Apollo 13. That movie never gets old. Everyone was brilliant, and every time I tear up at some point. This is rare for me, so, yeah.
- Guardians of the Galaxy. So. Much. Fun.
And now anyone who knows me is wondering why I made a post so obvious it’s approximately like pointing out that Earth has a moon.