This week’s theme for Top Ten Tuesday is top ten new-to-me authors I read in 2014. Hmmm…
- Katherine Addison (Sarah Monette). If you haven’t noticed how I loved The Goblin Emperor, well, wow.
- Brandon Sanderson. Yep, I know, I’m way behind. But I think The Rithmatist was the first thing I’ve read by him.
- Rainbow Rowell. She can certainly write an absorbing story!
- Francis Pryor. Yes, an odd one out so far, but man, absorbing books about archaeology, how could I not love?
- Richard Fortey. Too bad I managed to read most of his books just in this one year.
- David Quammen. Purely on the basis of Spillover, without even having to think! I’m not sure about getting his book on ebola; I don’t know how much it overlaps.
- Steven Brust. Okay, technically I read a collab of his with Robin Hobb long, long ago, but this year saw my introduction to his solo work.
- Ilona Andrews. Really didn’t expect to like the Kate Daniels books so much, but I do.
- Ngaio Marsh. I need to get back to gorging on these, I think. At least there’s a lot!
- Kameron Hurley. I still haven’t read her non-fiction, but I loved her non-fiction collection.
What about you? Anything you think I’m missing from my life?